Harvest Moon

Harvest Moon
The Sandia Mountains: Always Inspiring

Friday, January 3, 2014

Photo Challenges

Daily or Weekly?

 Are you the kind of person who needs a nudge to get out there and capture some photos? Challenges are a good way to get motivated. Sharing with others that are like-minded can be inspiring and give a new perspective, especially if the challenge is themed. There are several challenges going on all over the web. Since we are at the beginning of a new year now is a really good time to start fresh, as well. Some of the places that you will find challenges allow for printing your photos on a regular schedule. Others allow you to share them as a collage or montage at the end of the year. Whatever your preference (no fuss, little fuss, lots of  fuss) there are websites out there that can get you taken care of. I am personally working on P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley,  Project 365 and the Instagram Challenge over at Love That Shot. I have also set a personal goal to fill every single day on the calendar at shuttercal.com. So, if these few suggestions don't get you out there taking tons of pictures, I am sure you will find something that works for you if you search the web. 

Also, if you have been around the Internet and photographers much of late, you might have heard this quote: "The best camera is the one you have with you." It is so true. The photo above was snapped in a series of photos that took about 2 minutes before the opportunity passed away completely. I was on my way to a training class and passed this open field just yards from the road I would be turning down, which is at the edge of nowhere. Had I been a few seconds earlier or later I would have missed this shot altogether. All I had with me was my phone since I was "just going to class."

So, there you have it. Challenge yourself this year and always carry your camera, even if it is just your phone. 

See you tomorrow!


2 comments:

  1. Nice shots indeed! Visiting by way of Nina... I always carry my camera, though I have camera envy and it is my intention to upgrade in the very near future! Aloha and welcome to blogland.

    ReplyDelete